Wednesday, March 9, 2011

La Gorda!


Let me start off by saying that Gorda is a term of endearment in the Hispanic Culture… But if you ever call me gorda to my face I will smack you!

Well now that we have that out of the way, let me tell why I created this blog. Ever since I could remember I have had a love affair with food. At the age of 7 my teenage aunt would bribe me with McDonald's so that I wouldn’t tell my mom all the trouble we would get into. And let me tell you something, it worked! I would do anything for an apple pie a la mode and a cheeseburger. The older I get, the more sophisticated my palette has become, though I will still buy hot dogs from any street vendor. Food should be both fun and mind-blowing!

I live in Miami and the food scene is ever evolving, there is always a new hot spot, a new trendy bar, and a new restaurant to try. My goal with this blog is to eat Miami... literally! I want to try as much food as I can whenever I can. Though this won’t be confined to the restaurants in Miami Wade County only, I’ll take you on my journey through all the yummiest places in the land. Please follow if you want to go with me on my journey of flavor, if not,  go follow some skinny bitches blog about exercising.

Til’ we eat again,

La Gorda

No comments:

Post a Comment